Friday, November 11, 2011

Start Something Already - Would Ya?

Now that we are done with the Moody Sweater......... what do we (me) do next?
How do you pick your next project?
Do you pick a necessary thing... like a hat for the kiddo because winter is looming? A sweater for a brand new baby? Mittens for hubby who is deploying?
Decisions, decisions, decisions.......................
and I'm stuck!
I've knitted the Glomitt's for hubs because he's leaving in 3 weeks......
I've made the baby sweater for Baby Jax who won't be here until Christmas......
I've made the kiddo a hat.....
Help!
Still stuck......
I've spent hours online looking at patterns trying to find the one thing that inspires me to make it.
I've spent more hours digging through my pattern stash trying to find something to inspire me there.
NOT happening.
I should make some mittens for the DIL's (daughter in law).
I should make hats for the boys.
I should work on a neck warmer for my Dad.
Should
Doesn't mean I can get unstuck and actually knit.....
I went to the yarn store Wednesday and bought yarn (oh my!) to make baby bottoms to match the baby sweater.... haven't started it.......
I bought some yarn to make me (finally) a sweater but I want to save that for January when I'm bored to tears.......
I pulled out the yarn to make my Dad a neck warmer - which then I had to find THE pattern and then I found a skull chart that I want to add....... which then forced me to draw up a new pattern for the neck warmer.....
and.... and.... and.... and...
I have yarn (boy do I have yarn)! I know where the knitting shop is! ~so does my credit card! I know how to look up stuff online and I certainly know how to knit...so what's my problem?

See what's happening? I'm running around like a squirrel under an oak tree after a wind storm. Geez.
Which brings me back around to......
how do YOU pick your next project?



No comments:

Post a Comment