Wednesday, November 2, 2011

KAL Day 3

 I threw this pic in again just for a little inspiration! I work better when I have a goal!
Plus.. it is a really cute sweater! Now I have to mail it to the baby Momma before the baby gets here!


I wanted to add buttonholes on the front bands rather than adding the ties, but I forgot.
The buttonholes would have had to have been measured in and started right at the spot where I divided for the sleeves! Oops.... next time! I am not a real big fan of frogging!!
Here is what my blue sweater looks like now... oops. That was yesterday! See the increase lines running from the hood toward the bottom? You can also see what looks like triangles or little tubes ~ those are the shoulders and sleeves! When you divide for the sleeves and put those stitches onto holders, you work the rest of the body around and down!

 
Then you just knit, knit, knit........ or rather, knit a row, purl a row to keep in pattern!  Work in stockinette stitch for however many inches your size requires(mine is 9 1/4 inch). Measure from the top of the shoulder to the bottom edge (where your needles are)**** DON"T forget to knit the first 4 and last 4 stitches on every row!!****
You'll never guess who didn't!

 This is how I measured mine. I put the sweater down and folded it around to make it look like a sweater ~which it kind of doesn't unless it's for a snuffleupagus or something, anyway... then I  stretched it out a bit and measured! I have only 2 more rows and then I can put the edging finish on!

Have fun with your sweater! I am! I love the yarn I'm using....... so super soft and dreamy!
It's Baby Cashmerino by Debbie Bliss and yeah. It is ......... blissful!

No comments:

Post a Comment