Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Favorite Hat!

The Jacques Coustea Hat pattern is turning out to be my favorite hat to knit and my favorite pattern to follow! I've made 3 of them in the past month. One for my Dad....

along with the ribbed neck warmer. I just finished the 2nd one and it's for Big! He's over in the Hindu Kush Mountains and I don't want his ears to freeze off!  That's two... well...the other one, #3, isn't quite finished yet! I'm still working on it but, hey!  It still counts because January isn't quite over yet!
I just love how the top swirls... all those decreases look a little weird when you're making it but the end result is pretty cool. This pattern is super easy. The first time I did it, I had a little problem staying in pattern. The ribbing is k3, p2 rather than a normal k2,p2. So I messed it up a bit... once you get a rhythm going it's pretty easy!

It's a pretty densely knitted fabric so I'm hoping it will keep Big's ears nice & toasty! I'm sure he has a hat to wear, but Valentine's Day is right around the corner.
Here's the link to the pattern again - it's a freeby over on Ravelry! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jacques-cousteau-hat

No comments:

Post a Comment