Monday, December 19, 2011

Another Thing to Check off the List!

You know how Santa has a list and he checks it twice? Well... me too! Imagine that huh?
I have a list of things I need to get done. Things I want to get done, and actually, a list of MUST get done. Guess which list wins?   Yep. That one. The non-existent one. The list I tend to ignore. Sigh.
Well........ I made a list of Christmas presents I MUST get done..... it would just be bad (bad, bad) form to show up Christmas morning with no present for the Paternal Parental Unit (Dad). I would feel bad.  I'm pretty sure PPU would be okay with it, but how nice would that be? Yeah... not happening!
I'm done with the rest of the family. Been done for a while now, but for some reason I just kept putting off Dad's present until the last minute. Yeah.. I know Christmas is still six days away, but...... believe me, it's last minute for me! I'm not normally this comfortable waiting this long to get something done.
I usually obsess and tend to freak out if I'm not done weeks ahead of time. Um... yeah....
*insert drum roll here please* I'M DONE! I finished PPU's present! Yay! Six days to spare! Go me!
I actually made him a neck warmer a couple of weeks ago and then last week decided to make a hat for him as well. I picked a pretty easy pattern ~ just time consuming and with a different rib pattern than what I normally use so it took a bit longer. My friend RW whipped this hat out in a lot less time than I did, but hey! I'm done!!
I like how the top swirls in and the knit 3, purl 2 ribbing makes it super warm & kinda sproingy! It stretches & then bounces right back!


It even looks like the one that RW made... kind of......

The Boy decided to pop it on his head to get it all "warmed" up for PPU! He had to give it a test run to make sure it was good enough!
HERE is a link to the pattern and here is a picture of RW's (just because I think they are so awesome!)
So thanks again RW!! You were right... it was a really easy pattern and the results are pretty awesome! Can't wait to post a picture of PPU wearing his hat........... but now I gotta wait for 6 more days!  ~Which may give me more time to work on the rest of that list...............

No comments:

Post a Comment