Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas is Right Around the Corner!

Christmas is only five (5) days away! Whoop! AND I'm going to be driving for almost two of those days.... so why in the world am I starting another new Christmas project?
What?! Am I nuts? What was I thinking?
Apparently I wasn't.........
Why is it that when I have time to knit, I can't find anything I want to do. Like way back in November when I was struggling to start something..........
Now that I'm running out of time I suddenly have found lots of things that yeah! Oh! I could make that! It won't take long! I can start now!
I suddenly have a pile of yarn on my table and am furiously matching needles and yarns to patterns and... and... and.... and...... that's only on one cup of coffee. Oh my.
I want to make a cowl for GIL (Girlfriend in Law) but then if I do that I need to make something for DIL (daughter in law) and then there is her two kids.... and.... and.... uh oh.
Maybe I should just start small?
Okay... I'll start there! I'm going to make GIL the cowl and go from there.... start small, think big I guess!
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gap-tastic-cowl. Sorry about the blurry picture... I tried to make it big enough so you could see it, but... just click on the link!    It's my favorite price for patterns.... FREE!
AND it's made with chunky yarn and using Size 13 needles. Should be a fast knit. Keeping my fingers crossed.. oh wait! No I'm not! Can't knit like that!!

Maybe I am a little nuts for starting this 5 days before Christmas and knowing I will be driving and won't be able to knit for some of that!
Well..... there never is a dull moment here in my head so I'm off to get some chunky yarn and then to knit, knit, knit before I drive, drive, drive!  Hmmm...... I wonder if I held two strands of medium weight yarn together that would be bulky and I wouldn't have to go to the store.... yeah.... ONLY 1 cup of coffee this morning...........
I'm off and running now so on that note.... I won't be posting until after Christmas because I'm heading NORTH! We have no Internet and no cable and hopefully we will have snow! Lots of time to start on projects for next year! Aaaaarrrrggghhhhh............


Merry Christmas to all!
Safe travels if you're heading out!

No comments:

Post a Comment