Sunday, May 19, 2013

How to De-Stress...

Or better yet.... how to avoid stress period and just have some fun!
It's moving time again here at Cupcake Land. Another move from one side of the country to the other is in the works. In fact... it starts 'working' in a mere two weeks. Gasp! OMG! That means an awful lot of prep-work for Schi-Schu and a whole lotta stress for the rest of the Cupcake Crew. Yikes. Today was supposed to be the first day in CRUNCH TIME... but...
How about a little spinning? Maybe a little plying? And then a little action with the knitty knotty and a whole lot of water! Woohoo!! What better way to spend the first day of CRUNCH TIME than just plain ol' NOT DO IT!
I hand dyed some roving last week with my favorite Aunt.  I don't know what kind exactly, but I do know that it came from a sheep, was already carded and clean(ish) and needed to be changed from white to a lovely green, blue, purple, teal combo! How fun! We used some acid dye, a little vinegar and warm water! Oh... this time we even used the rubber gloves!



 This is what I did today.... rather than a whole lot of *yawn* cleaning and getting ready for pre-inspection tomorrow. *sighing loudly* BUT this was way more fun! I finished up the roving, wound it into a center pull ball and then plied from each end of it to get this lovely stuff over here on my bobbin! **green really isn't one of my most favorite colors, but... I do like this yellow, green, turquoise, purple combo**
I decided that since I was having so much fun plying rather than cleaning I would go ahead and finish up two bobbins of the dark brown I had in my basket.  It's really soft but I can't remember what it is. I do know that I got it from Stonehedge Fiber Mill near my house in Michigan.  It worked up into approximately 96 yards of some.... let's just say 'funky' and let it go at that. My spinning skills are still in that 'novelty yarn' aka 'funky' stage!
Not a bad way to spend a Sunday huh? Now I'm off to put away our stuff from our trip home.... just so the pre-move inspection doesn't make me look like a total slob!!

No comments:

Post a Comment