Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fabric For Maddie

Okay guys! I'm spending way too much time on the computer and not enough time actually making stuff! My Pinterest boards are filling up, my idea bin is overflowing but I'm still not makin' nothin!
So... what do I do?
I start going through my fabric and trying to 'purge'! I can't possibly need all that I have and if we make a huge move next year... no way I can take it all!  Super sad I know..... BUT...  some of this stuff has to go. 
It's just that it is so hard to donate it to a charity organization around here, knowing that it will sit in a dusty store............. oh wait.................how about.............
I was online (yet again) and I found this
                                              http://blog.craftsy.com/2012/03/meet-maddie/

Quilted Hugs from Maddie
PO Box 2461
Cleveland, TN 37320-2461
http://blog.craftsy.com/2012/03/meet-maddie/

Meet Maddie. She’s a very exception eight year old little girl.  I love kids... that belong to other people.... and I don't even know this kid, but I'm in love!!  Most eight year old kids that I know can't even finish a project but Maddie is not only finishing her projects......... she's giving them away!!  She makes quilts for the sole project of donating them to people in need.  Wow huh? 
So... back to that fabric I was having a hard time sorting through.... now that I have a real purpose in mind for each and every piece in that box....
look out Maddie... here it comes sweetie!
I feel so much better about helping someone out when it truly will be of a benefit.  If an eight year old is making quilts for people just because... well... I can certainly send her some fabric!!
**Just click on the link to the Craftsy Blog for more info about Maddie. I've added her address above her picture too... hint hint!!
**


No comments:

Post a Comment